Wallington County Grammar School Sport Website
Wallington County Grammar School (WCGS) has a proud history and tradition of maintaining a high standard in school boy sport, whether it is for the elite athlete or the beginner. Sport plays a major part in the curricular, extra curricular and social life of the school.
For further information on future fixtures, results and directions to many schools, please visit the website below
Our major sports at the school are rugby and cricket. We field 12 rugby teams in the autumn and spring term and 12 cricket teams in the summer. Many other sports have fixtures throughout the year, including football, badminton, basketball and table tennis in the autumn/spring term and athletics in the summer. There is also a Netball team when girls join the school in the 6th Form.
Sport at WCGS fosters pupils of all abilities, all of which are equally important to us. The school’s wide range of sporting activities includes inter-school matches, country and national competitions.
Our Sports Newsletters can be found by clicking on the “Sports Newsletters” tab at the top of the page
News and updates on each individual sport can be found by following the “WCGS Sports” links
WCGS PE Department are also on Twitter. Latest fixture news and results will be updated throughout the season and frequently during competitions, keeping everyone up to date where ever you are!!!
Our sport facilities includes rugby pitches, indoor and outdoor cricket nets, fitness suite, sports hall, a grass cricket square and an astroturf cricket strip. The school also has access to Old Walcountians RFC, which includes additional rugby and football pitches, as well as cricket squares.
To order any piece of PE kit or Games kit, please visit the website below
The WCGS Sport & PE Department is a strong, enthusiastic and forward thinking team, which comprises of 4 full-time PE specialists and 2 part time coaches
- Mr D. Johnson – Director of Sport – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr T. Collins – Assistant Subject Leader of PE & Head of Cricket – email@example.com
- Mr A. Mehta – Assistant Subject Leader of PE & Head of Rugby – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr J. Johnson – PE Technician – email@example.com
- Mr G. Maric – Table Tennis Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr N. Legg – Junior Rugby Coach
The PE Department are assisted by some dedicated subject teachers who provide their assistance during Games lessons, after school trainings and Saturday morning fixtures.
- Mr T. Davies – Teacher of History & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr A. Robertson – Teacher of History & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr B. Greenley – Teacher of Classics & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr W. Grant – Teacher of Art & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr F. Hasan – Teacher of Chemistry & Extra Curricular
- Ms J. Gallagher – Teacher of Chemistry & Games
- Ms H. Waterhouse – Teacher of Biology & Games
- Ms L. Gayle – PA to Deputy Headteacher & Teacher of Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr B. Collins – Teacher of Economics & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr M. Taylor – Teacher of Physics & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr A. Wilson – Teacher of English & Extra Curricular
- Mr J. Bean – Assistant Headteacher, Teacher of Classics & Games
- Mr J. Henderson – Cover Supervisor & Games/Extra Curricular
- Mr P. Quaintrell – Teacher of Physics & Games
There is also dedicated parental support who give up their time to assist members of the PE Department with a number of sports throughout the year. Their help is sincerely appreciated and if any parent is interested in helping, please contact Mr D Johnson by email email@example.com or phone 020 8254 7922
- Mr W Charnock – Under 16 Rugby
- Mr N Mogridge – Under 16/U13 Rugby
- Mr M Pierce – Under 16 Rugby
- Mr J Ford – Under 16 Rugby
- Mr M Shah – Under 15 Cricket
- Mr M Jandles – Under 13 Rugby